Tagged with: Absit Omen • my art • Role-playing • Theodora
It was supposed to be a celebratory occasion. It was, after all, a time of giving and charity. Of gathering to loved ones in the cold of winter and lighting a candle in a spirit of hope for the coming new year. But all poor Theodora could think about was disembowelment. Cruciatus. And apple-spiced tea.
She sipped at her cup, her ice blue eyes staring off into space. She sat at a very small table in the Black Chimaera, downstairs for this rare celebratory occasion. Tawse and his new staff may have attempted to decorate, but Theodora Kingstreet sat deeply hooded and facing the wall.
The Daily Prophet was laid out neatly in front of her, opened to page two where could be viewed a lengthly article concerning the arrest of a certain young wizard. This young wizard had been caught with runespoor eggs, attempting to frame the Minister of Magic’s fiancee, Moira Randall. But you couldn’t read it now, not if you wanted to. It seemed something had set fire to those three columns of text and the accompanying photograph. It was charred through to the table where the surface was black and smoking.
Theodora’s nostrils flared as she inhaled the cinimmony holiday scent of her tea, basking in the comforting thought of what she would do to Devlin Matthews. Disembowelment. Cruciatus, perhaps. And apple-spiced tea.
- Posted on September 29, 2010
- One Comment for "Theodora’s Three Wishes"
30 Lindy Hop Challenge Absit Omen art show Cinaed Commission Cowtown Jamborama D&D daily sketch David vs Goliath Fanart Fauna feminism Figaro Firefly FREE freebies freelancing Hapkido House D&D Knox Lindy Hop linkedin Malanastre map my art Niobe poetry Role-playing Sellaphix settlers of catan Sewing & Crafts steampunk story Sundered! Tamis Technology Theodora Thorns RPG tutorial typography web design web layout web programing wiki Wordpress
- Dance Teachers Shape the Lindy Hop Community : In modern Lindy Hop, most people's entrance into the community is through a class. I think perhaps Back In The Day, you just got out on the floor and learned 'in the wild'. But Nowadays, instructors rule our world. Good and bad, right? I think h...878 views
- Free Steampunk Gears for Photoshop : Download A set of 10 free Photoshop custom shapes for any of your fine mechanical construction projects. Ideal for zeppelins, airships, gyroscopes and widgets. These gears are offered gratis, but don't go off trying to sell them. Or perhaps y...832 views
- Potterverse School Uniforms : Absit Omen is getting ready for the TetraWizard Tournament, which for our role-playing site is going to be a massive, probably years-long site-wide plot. It's probably the biggest project we've taken on and one of the things we wanted to sort out as...825 views
- : Illustration Hand-drawn, digital or vector illustration focusing on character and movement. Graphic Design Logos, event and product promotion, apparel and signage. Web Design Web design and development-ready .psds, basic HTML, CSS and Wo...799 views
- T-Shirt Mod Tutorial: Two Color Hipster Cowel Neck : I think t-shirt modding is one of my favorite craft projects because it's cheap and it really doesn't matter if you mess up - it's a $2.99 XL shirt from the Goodwill. I don't like t-shirt mods that are just a cut-job and you end up with a tattered ga...430 views
- Old World Fantasy Map Tutorial : This tutorial takes you through how to create an inked effect for lines for something like a fantasy, or old-timey map. Uses Photoshop and takes advantage of an repeated Photoshop Action. The tutorial shows you how to create the Action, but you can...409 views
- Steampunk Goggles Activate : Oh the days of steampunk. What happened to those simpler times where steam and clockworks powered everything, we were all zeppelin pilots, mechanics and inventors, and daily life for most folks necessitated goggles? (Was it all the alchemical motes ...357 views
- Women Leading & Men Following : I've collected some YouTube clips of Lindy Hop partnerships where women are leading, and men are following. Some of them are social clips, others choreographed for competitions, and still others are improvised jam-style competitions. They are all o...320 views
- Jack’ing in the J&J : A couple weeks ago, I competed as a lead in a fun little Jack & Jill at the Omaha Jitterbugs' Christmas party. I say 'little' because well, there's probably no friendlier audience and lower stakes than that homey atmosphere surrounded by your home s...312 views
- The Discussion of Gender in Lindy Hop : Reflections on Feminism & Follower-focused Events by Gina Helfrich (May 15, 2008) Building an Inclusive Swing Dance Community by Rik Panganiban (December 20, 2009) An entry of mine from later this month. I'd forgotten I'd written it: Leads...265 views